Official name of QBO Win App is “QuickBooks Online Accountant App”. I downloaded the App in my Windows computer. Once it is installed, you will see “qb” icon on your desktop which looks just like the icons of other QuickBooks desktop products. Please note it reads “QuickBooks” underneath “qb” as shown below:
Not to be confused with my other QuickBooks icons on my desktop, I renamed “QuickBooks” to “QBO App” as shown below:
Click QuickBooks app icon on desktop, then click “Yes” on “Do you want to allow this app to make changes to your PC?” on “User Account Control” screen:
Login using your existing QuickBooks (QBO) user account (same username and password):
Click on the screenshots below to enlarge them
QBO Win App Home Page Screen
Key App Features:
- It’s faster than QBO in a browser
- It has a menu structure like QuickBooks on the computer
- There are shortcut keys…Yup! Keyboard navigation in QBO
- Multiple Windows…Yes you can have an invoice and a customer list or an item list or the chart of accounts (or all of these) open at the same time, in QBO!
- Auto refresh of open windows e.g. When you enter an expense in one window, it affects the report that was open behind the expense form in the other window, it AUTO-REFRESHES!
The caching in the QBO Win App is much more than what the browser can do due to technology limitations with a browser. Word on the street is that you can expect up to 30% improvement in speed over regular browser. Think of this App as your faster browser designed to be used just for QuickBooks Online (QBO).
Most likely this app will be continually upgraded to enhance the caching abilities to minimize the amount of time it takes to complete transactions. No doubt, this is a QBO game changing app.
It is very easy to get started with this App if you are already familiar with the QuickBooks Online. In less than ten minutes, you will find your way around.
Top 5 List
- No inactive sign out
- Multiple Windows
- Auto refresh of open windows
- Better “look and feel” (compared to QBOA)
- Faster browser experience
Top 2 Wish List:
- Go to “File” menu and save it. Old Habit!
- QuickBooks desktop version was open. Try to open QBO company file. Repeat Mistake!
Top Menu Bar Guide
YouTube Video: QuickBooks Online Accountant App for Windows
How to reset QBO Win App?
Hold down the shift key and open the program at the same time. Continue to hold down the Shift Key until the program opens up.
New free download link, cick here.
Related articles, discussions and issues
- The QuickBooks Windows app is here
- Is anyone else using the QBO Windows App having problems getting their printers to show up?
- I am using the QBO App, and every time I start it, it says “It looks like something went wrong. Please restart QuickBooks.”
- “Sorry, but we can’t connect to the server right now. Please try again later.” using new QBO Windows App on Windows 10.
- UK I downloaded the Windows app yesterday and it was fine. Today the screen is a mess – see screenshot. Is there anything I can do to fix it?
- How do I completely uninstall the QBO Windows for desktop app, including registry keys?
|If you found our answers useful then please contribute a few bucks to support this forum. Thank you!