How do I change an employee’s last name due to marriage in QuickBooks Online Payroll?
The employee name will need to be changed on the employee edit page.
To edit the employee name:
- Click Employees on the left panel.
- Click the name of the employee to open the employee record.
- Click Edit employee at the top left under the employee name.
- Change the last name on that page and then click Done on the bottom to save the change.
OTHER HELPFUL TIPS:
1) Make sure your employee has changed their name first with the Social Security Administration before you change it in QuickBooks Payroll. Otherwise, there is a good chance to get a mismatch from the SSA. In addition, your employee may not get their wages credited towards their SS balance.
2) Yes, you can easily change an employee’s name this way in QuickBooks but QBO will make the change all the way back to the beginning of their employment which is not good. In QBO Payroll, there is no option to make the change with an effective date only. Send them your feedback here.
3) Helpful article:
Social Security: How To Change Your Name After Marriage
QuickBooks Online - Buy now and save 50%
|XERO - Alternative to QuickBooks|
|SAGE 50 Accounting|