The Account Summary can be added to the middle of the invoice. It includes:
- Balance Forward: the total amount due before this new invoice
- New charges: the current invoice amount
- Total Amount due: Balance forward plus current invoice amount
To turn on the Account Summary:
- Open an invoice form. (you can open new invoice or already saved invoice).
- Choose the customize Gear icon on the invoice (at the upper right corner).
- Click “Customize what your customers see” at the bottom.
- Switch to “Content” tab from default “Design” tab.
- Click the pencil on the right to edit account summary (next to amount).
- Now on the top left panel, check “Show on invoice” box for account summary under Table
- Save and Exit.
SEE SCREENSHOTS BELOW.
Note: If the customer has no balance forward from previous open invoices, then Account Summary will not show. Example: Customer’s first invoice.
QuickBooks Online – Buy now and save 50%
|XERO – Alternative to QuickBooks|
|SAGE 50 Accounting|