QuickBooks Online automatically updates the federal tax rates. However, for state taxes, you’ll need to manually edit your State Unemployment Insurance (SUI) and State Disability Insurance (SDI) tax rates for this year (if necessary) through the Payroll Settings.
Here’s how to do it:
- Click on the Gear icon.
- Choose Payroll Settings.
- Click on the Tax Setup tab.
- Click on the name of the state.
- Scroll down to the section labeled State Unemployment
- Insurance (SUI) Setup. Click Change or add new rate.
- Enter your new rate as a percentage from the notice you received from your state.
- Enter the Effective Date.
- Click OK.
QuickBooks Online – Buy now and save 50%
|XERO – Alternative to QuickBooks|
|SAGE 50 Accounting|