In order to get total sales and taxable sales with sales tax collected, you will need to run a “Sales by Customer Detail” report. This report will not give you all the information you need to file the Sales Tax Return. You will need to further customize it to word around.
To do this, you will to run a “Sales By Customer Detail” report, customize it and add “tax amount” and taxable amount” columns from selecting “Change Columns.
These are the necessary steps, you will need to take.
From the blue navigation bar on the left
- Select Reports
- Select “Go to report” (magnifying glass), type Sales by Customer Detail
- Select “Sales by Customer Detail” from drop-down selector
- Change Transaction Date as needed
- Select “Customize” blue button (upper left)
- Select “Change Columns” under Rows/Columns
- Add Tax Amount (refers to tax collected)
- Add Taxable Amount (refers to taxable sales)
- Add Tax Name (if needed)
- Select Remove button and remove unnecessary columns (optional)
- Click OK button
- Click Run Report
This will give Total Sales and Total Taxable Sales. Subtract these two columns in order to get Non-Taxable Sales.
Recommended: Also click “Save Customizations” button to make this as customized report for future use.