This feature is only available in QuickBooks Online PLUS level subscription.
To Enable Track classes on
From Home page screen
- Go to the Company Gear (right upper-corner)
- Select Company Settings under Settings
- Select Company
- Select Categories
- Select “Track Classes” On
To create new “Class”, you can go to “All Lists” (from Company Gear > select All Lists under Lists)
- Select “Classes”
- Select “New” button and proceed
- You can even create Sub-Class if needed.
Now, when you want to enter Vendor Expenses or create Customer Invoices, you will notice separate column for Class.
You can also run Profit and Loss by Class which is a standard report in new QuickBooks Online. You can also customize this report as needed. There are few other reports you can run related to class tracking. For other standard reports, click here.