You will need to merge the two accounts into one account you want to keep.
From the Home page screen
- Go to the Company Gear icon (located at top upper right corner)
- Select Chart of Accounts under Settings header
- Click on the account you are keeping to select it and then the Edit button.
- Copy the Account Name, make note of the Detail Type and if the Is Sub-account option is marked. If sub-account is marked, make note of the parent account it is associated with.
- Click the browser’s back arrow to return to the Chart of Accounts.
- Select the account whose name you don’t want to use and click Edit.
- Paste in the Account Name and make sure the Detail Type matches the account with which you’re merging.
- If these are sub-accounts, make sure they are associated with the same parent. If only one is a sub-account, make it a parent account by deselecting the Is Sub-account option.
- Click Save.
- Click Yes to confirm that you want to merge the two accounts.