Sales tax amount will not automatically calculate the Customer Invoice but rate shows up on the invoice.
If you have the new automated sales tax in QBO, the invoice will not calculate tax if the date of the invoice was created before the tax agency was created.
Either you will need to edit invoice date or choose a month under Start of the tax period. The date must be prior to the invoice’s date.
To edit Sales Tax Agency settings:
1) Go to Taxes from the left dashboard.
2) Click the Sales tax settings link (at the upper right corner) and select Add agency.
3) Choose a state under Agency.
4) Select a filing frequency.
5) Choose a month under Start of the tax period.
6) Set the date in the Start date range. The date should be prior to the invoice’s date.
7) Click Save.
You can also send them feedback requests here: