You can reverse Journal Entry in QuickBooks Online (QBO).
From the home page screen
- Select Create (+) sign (upper-middle)
- Select “Journal Entry” under the Other heading
- Select a small “Clock” icon for recent transactions, next to the Journal Entry form title (upper-left-corner)
- Select Journal Entry needed to be reversed (select the “More” link to expand the list if needed
- Select the “Reverse” button at the bottom middle
- It will automatically assign the sameJE# with R added. Change JE# if needed. Save
- See screenshots below for reference
What are the main reasons to write a reversing Journal Entry?
- Correcting a mistake in the previously recorded transaction without deleting the original entry.
- Reversing accrual type of Journal Entry and replaced by posting the actual transaction so that the transaction is properly reflected between two accounting periods.
QuickBooks Tutorial – Journal Entry Debit and Credit
If you found our answers useful then please contribute a few bucks to support this forum. Thank you!