Here is how to modify your transactions by batch so you’ll not go through each and every single one of them in your register:
With your expense transactions, you can visit the Expenses menu from the left Dashboard. You can filter the transaction you want to update except Split transaction, then categorize them.
- Go to the Expenses menu from the left Dashboard.
- Select the Expenses tab.
- Click the Filter drop-down.
- Choose Type, Dates, and Category as you need.
- Select Apply.
- Choose the transaction by clicking the box beside the Date column.
- Click the Batch actions drop-down arrow, then select Categorize selected.
- Select the correct category by clicking the drop-down arrow in the Categorize Selected window.
- Click Apply.
In this example below, it shows how to batch recategorize expenses from the Purchases account category to the Purchases-1 account category.
Note: Batch action will not work on split transactions. Split transaction means more than one account has been used to record the transaction.