How to wipe all the info of my company and start over in QuickBooks Online Plus and Essentials? See instructions below for Simple Start.
If you’re a new customer and are within the first 60 days of having set up your account, you can delete all of the existing data and start over from scratch. If your account has been set up for more than 60 days you will need to cancel your current company and start a new company to start from scratch.
To complete the process, follow the instructions below:
Log in to your QuickBooks Online company.
Change the URL to include /purgecompany instead of /homepage
URL shows: https://qbo.intuit.com/c27/app/homepage
Change to: https://qbo.intuit.com/c27/app/purgecompany
Also, check out the YouTube video guide.
QuickBooks Online Plus and Essentials: How do I delete (wipe out) all my data and start over?
NOTE: This process only works for QuickBooks Online Plus and Essentials. It does not work for QuickBooks Online Simple Start. See below for instructions for QuickBooks Online Simple Start.
How to wipe all the info of my company in QuickBooks Online Simple Start, not QuickBooks Online Plus or Essentials?
It is a multi-step process.
To Cancel your Current subscription:
From the Home page screen
- Click on the Company Gear symbol in the upper right-hand corner
- Click on “Your Account”
- Click on Edit Billing Info
- You will then see a link that says Cancel Trial (or Subscription), Click on that
- You will get a little survey, and you want to answer that survey, and then click on continue.
- Your subscription will then be canceled.
To Open a New Subscription – You may approach this one of two ways
- Call the QuickBooks support team and have them open a new account for you. Ask for keeping the same login name.
- Go to our affiliate link: https://newqbo.com/test-drive/
- Click on “Sign Up (30-Day Trial)”
- You will then get to a screen that shows you all 3 platforms that they offer for the new QuickBooks Online, and you may pick which one you would like to use and click on the “Sign up for Free Trial” link.
- Once you are finished signing up, then you will be able to go back to qbo.intuit.com and sign in to your new company and begin working.