How to get here?
From the Home page screen
- Select the Company Gear (located top upper corner)
- Select “Company Settings” under Settings header
- Select “Sales” under Settings”
Customize the way forms look to your customers button > click “customize look and feel button” > it takes to Custom Form Styles (the place to customize sales form template).
Sales Form Content
Preferred invoice terms – Sets the default payment date. “Net 30” means payment is due 30 days from invoice creation date. To assign new terms (gear > lists > terms).
Preferred delivery method – Sets the default delivery method. The Delivery method default determines the way you’ll deliver sales forms to newly-created customers. You can change the default delivery method for a customer by editing the customer on the Customer List. You can also change the delivery method when you create individual invoices or other sales forms.
- Print later
- Send later
Shipping – Adds shipping fields (date, tracking number, destination, subtotal) to sales forms. Related setting: Advanced > Chart of accounts > Shipping account.
How do I add a client purchase order onto my invoice, ie how do I show this on the invoice is there a custom column?
Custom fields – Adds extra fields (up to 3) to sales forms. Select “Name” of the field to show like Customer Purchase Order, Sales Rep, Special Code; Select “Internal” to show the field in QuickBooks; select “Public” to show the field on customer forms. Note: not available in Simple Start plan.
Custom transaction number – Lets you use your own numbering system. If left blank, invoice numbers are automatically assigned by QuickBooks.
Custom transaction numbers – Lets you use your own numbering system. If left blank, invoice numbers are automatically assigned by QuickBooks.
Service date – Adds a Service date field if you need to track the date a service was performed separately from the invoice date.
Discount – Adds a Discount field to invoices and other sales forms. Related setting: Advanced > Chart of accounts > Discount account
Deposit – Adds a Deposit field to invoices so you can subtract a customer deposit from the total to calculate the balance due.
Products and services
Show Product/Service column on sales forms – Adds a Product/Service column on sales forms so you can choose from a list of products and services to include.
- Track quantity and price/rate – Adds Quantity and Rate fields to sales forms so you can track this information for products and services.
- Track quantity on hand – Lets you track available stock for each product you sell and its related inventory costs
- Default email message sent with sales forms
- Default message shown on sales forms
- Email options for sales forms > Attach sales form as pdf
- Email options for invoice > Online Invoice (Attach invoice as pdf); HTML email; Plain text email
- List each transaction as a single line – A statement includes all unpaid transactions for a customer. Choose how much detail to include.
- List each transaction including all detail lines
- Show aging table at bottom of statement – Lists amounts owed by how many days they’re overdue.