From the home page screen > company gear (upper right corner) > Settings > Company Settings > Company
- Company logo – Your company logo shown on sales forms and purchase orders.
- Company name – Your company name shown on sales forms and purchase orders.
- Legal name – Name used on forms like 1099s. If left blank, Company name is used. Allowed characters: letters, numbers, spaces, ampersand (&), and dash (-).
- Company address – Your company address shown on sales forms.
- Customer address – Address where customers contact you or send payments. Shown on sales forms. If left blank, Company address is used.
- Legal address – Name used on forms like 1099s. If left blank, Company name is used. Allowed characters: letters, numbers, spaces, ampersand (&), and dash (-).
- Company email – Email shown on sales forms and where QuickBooks can contact you.
- Customer email – Email where customers can contact you. If left blank, Company email is used.
- Company phone – Phone number shown on sales forms.
- Company website – Website URL shown on sales forms.
- Accounting method (Cash or Accrual) – Choose Accrual to report income when you bill a customer; choose Cash to report income when you receive payment from a customer. If you’re not sure, consult your accountant.
- Employer ID (EIN) – Your company’s employee identification number. If you’re a sole proprietor with no employees and file no excise or pension tax returns, you can enter your social security number as EIN.
- Tax form (1) – The tax form your company files. If you’re not sure, choose Not sure/Other/None for now, and then consult your accountant.
- Categories (available in Plus plan only) – Track classes (2) > Adds a Class field on forms so you can assign transactions to different segments like departments, locations, and product lines.
- Categories (available in Plus plan only) – Track locations (3) > Adds a Location field on forms so you can assign transactions to different locations like stores, sales regions, and counties.
- Customer label (Customers default, Clients, Donors, Guests, Members, Patients, Tenants) – Replaces the word “Customers” wherever it’s shown in QuickBooks.
(1) Tax form selection:
- Sole proprietor (Form 1040)
- Partnership or limited company (Form 1065)
- Small business corporation, tow or more owners (Form 1120S)
- Corporation, one or shareholders (Form 1120)
- Nonprofit organization (Form 990)
- Limited Liability
- Not sure/Other/None
(2) Track classes
- Warn me when a transaction isn’t assigned a class (checkbox)
- Assign Classes selection > One to entire transaction or One to each row in transaction
(3) Track locations
- Location label > Location (default), Business, Department, Division, Property, Store, Territory