Yes, you can verify receipts attached to ALL your expense transactions.
From the home page screen > left navigation bar > expenses > choose baby gear (far right corner) > show more > select “attachments”
This will add “paper clip” column. Number means “you have receipt attached”. If it is blank, it means you do not have receipt attached to this expense transaction. You can attach receipt from here as well, just click that transaction.
It is a good practice to attach receipts to all your expense transactions. Also, this will go a long way in case you are audited.
|If you found our answers useful then please contribute few bucks to support this forum. Thank you!
Sign up QuickBooks for a 30-day FREE Trial
|BUY QuickBooks Online - Anytime, Anywhere. Easily Track Sales, Bills and Expenses.|
|Beach Vacation Rentals under $100 a night|
|Save on Smartphones from Verizon Wireless!|
|Over 4000+ STD Test Centers Nationwide. Order Testing Today!|
Once you have recorded transactions you can verify which transactions have receipts attached and find out the missing ones from Expense Transactions page.
From the home page screen > Left navigation bar > Transactions > Expenses
- Go to the far right and select baby gear (next export to excel icon and print list icon)
- Choose select more
- Select “Attachments” checkbox
- Page will auto refresh with added paper clip icon column (next to action)
- All attached will show with number of receipts
- Missing receipts column will remain blank until receipt attached
Note: For uploading receipts in BATCH action, use ATTACHMENTS from the List feature
From the home page screen > company gear (upper right corner) > lists > attachments > click PAPER CLIP icon to upload receipts from the computer. You can then attach a file (receipts) directly from the Expenses Transactions page.
To get mobile app for iPhone, iPad and Andriod, vist this website:
To get your receipt uploaded and expense recorded to QuickBooks Online:
- Sign into your QuickBooks Online mobile app
- Select your company
- Click the Create (+) in the upper right
- Select Expense from the menu that appears
- Click the blank square field towards the upper left (there’s a blue camera image in the center of the field)
- Select “Take Photo” to take a new picture of the item, or “Choose Photo” if you’ve already taken and saved the image to your device
- Click “Amount” to enter an amount for this expense
- Select a payment account and an expense account for this transaction
- When you’re finished, click Save in the upper right to lock this transaction in
When you return to QuickBooks Online on a computer, you’ll find that Expense with an attachment of the image you provided at the lower left.