In order to get total sales and taxable sales with sales tax collected, you will need to run a “Sales by Customer Detail” report. This stand-alone report will not give you all the information you need to file the Sales Tax Return. You will need to further customize it to work-around.
To do this, you will to run a “Sales By Customer Detail” report, customize it and add “tax amount” and taxable amount” columns from selecting “Change Columns.
These are the necessary steps, you will need to take.
- From the blue navigation bar on the left
- Select Reports
- Select “Go to report” (magnifying glass), type Sales by Customer Detail
- Select “Sales by Customer Detail” from drop-down selector
- Change Transaction Date as needed
- Select “Customize” blue button (upper left)
- Select “Change Columns” under Rows/Columns
- Add Tax Amount (refers to tax collected)
- Add Taxable Amount (refers to taxable sales)
- Add Tax Name (if needed)
- Select Remove button and remove unnecessary columns (optional)
- Click OK button
- Click Run Report
This will give Total Sales and Total Taxable Sales. Subtract these two columns in order to get Non-Taxable Sales.
Recommended: Also click “Save Customizations” button to make this as customized report for future use.