How to get here?
From the home page screen > company gear (upper right corner) > settings > company settings > advanced
First month of fiscal year – For reporting, you can specify any month as the start of your fiscal year (also called your financial reporting year or accounting year).
First month of income tax year – Same as fiscal year or January
Close the books – Prevents any changes to transactions dated earlier than the closing date
- Closing date (example: 12/31/2014)
- Allow changes after viewing a warning – Lets closed transactions be changed, with or without a password. (If your accountant has access to this company, they won’t be warned or require a password.)
- Allow changes after viewing a warning and entering password – Password > Confirm Password
Chart of accounts
- Enable account numbers – Enables use of account numbers in your Chart of Accounts. This affects all users within your company.
- Shipping account – The account that goes with this setting: Sales > Sales form content > Shipping
- Discount account – The account that goes with this setting: Sales > Sales form content > Discounts
- Billable expense income account (available in Plus plan only) – The account that goes with this setting: Expenses > Bills and expenses > Track billable expenses and items as income > In a single account
- Pre-fill forms with previously entered content – Automatically fills other fields of the form, based on the last saved transaction for that customer, vendor, or employee.
- Automatically apply credits (Customers side) – Automatically applies credits to the next invoice you create for the same customer. Most companies turn on this setting; turn it off if you’re a property manager that requires security deposits.
- Automatically invoice unbilled activity (not available in Simple Start plan) – Automatically creates invoices for customers with unbilled activities. Notifications appear in the Activity feed on the Home page.
– Automatically create invoice and notify me
– Automatically create invoice and don’t notify me
– Remind me to create invoices
– Daily, Weekly, Monthly, Yearly
– on > day, first, second, third, fourth, last
– of every ___ month(s)
- Copy estimates to invoices
– Copy pending and accepted estimates
– copy accepted estimates only
- Automatically apply bill payments (Vendors side) – When you add bill payments in the register, this setting automatically applies the payments to the oldest existing bill. Most companies turn on this setting.
Note: not available in Simple Start plan
Time tracking (available in Plus plan only)
- Add Service field to timesheets – When entering timesheets, lets you specify services performed.
- Add Customer field to timesheets – On timesheets, adds a checkbox to specify whether activities should be billed to the customer.
- Show billing rate to users entering time – If you bill customers a different hourly rate than you pay your employees and subcontractors, you may want to leave this blank.
- First day of work week – Example: Monday
- Warn if duplicate check number is used
- Warn if duplicate bill number is used
- Sign me out if inactive for – 1 hour; 2 hours; 3 hours
- Date format – MM/dd/yyyy; dd/MM/yyyy; dd-MM-yyyy; yyyy-MM-dd; yyyy/MM/dd; MM/dd-yyyy; dd.MM.yyyy; MM-dd-yyyy; dd.MM.yyyy; MM.dd.yyyy; yyyy-MM-dd
- Number format – 123,456.00; 123.456,00; 123 456,00