We have just upgraded and want to take a photo of a receipt and upload it to our expenses. Is this through an app? It was one of main reasons for upgrading to new QuickBooks Online.
You can do this directly through QuickBooks Online.
- First save the photo file to your computer.
- Bring up the expense and at the bottom left is Attachments.
- Either drag and drop or click the paper clip to browse to the location of the file.
You can batch upload photos from your computer (or other devices) to new QuickBooks Online.
From Home page screen
- Go the Company “Gear” icon (located at top right hand corner, next to company name)
- Select “Attachments” under Lists heading
- Click “Paper Clip” attachments icon and follow the instructions
- Maximum size limit is 25MB.
- You can even create Invoice or enter Expense with attachment from here. Just select from ACTION dropdown selector on far right.
- See screenshot photo for reference.
Can I create expense (or invoice) from here so that all the transactions have receipt attachments?
Yes. You can create expense from here that will also link transaction with receipt attachment. From Attachments under Lists (from Gear > Attachments under Lists), you can batch upload receipts for expenses.
You can also print a simple expense report from here. This report is helpful if you want to verify that all created expenses have a receipt attached.
Currently attachment features are for “Create Invoice” form and “Create Expense” form only. It’s not available for other forms like Check or Bill….
If Intuit QBO developers can expand and create for all forms with receipt link attachment that, will be great.
New QuickBooks Online Plus – How to enter various expenses in new QBO?
QuickBooks Online (QBO) Tutorial – Customer Invoice, Sales Receipt, Receive Payment, Bank Deposit