1) First, you want to access your account, make sure to log in to like normal > http://qbo.intuit.com.
2) Copy and paste this link (once you’re already logged in) > https://qbo.intuit.com/app/changeplan
3) It shows you choices to downgrade. Pick new “Choose plan” button. Make sure to review what features will be disabled.
4) Confirm it, and log back in.
Alternatively, you can also call support at 1-888-333-3451. Currently, the downgraded plan is available for the US customers only.
For more video tutorial, check out this short video.
What Small Businesses Need to Know About Sales Tax and Shipping
From the article: For small businesses selling goods online to remote customers, shipping is an integral part of doing business. And, some states tax shipping costs just like they tax the purchase price for a product sold. But, then again … some states don’t. If you want to get your sales taxes right and avoid non-compliance penalties, you need to know when sales taxes on shipping applies. …
How do I change an employee’s last name due to marriage in QuickBooks Online Payroll?
The employee name will need to be changed on the employee edit page.
To edit the employee name:
Click Employees on the left panel.
Click the name of the employee to open the employee record.
Click Edit employee at the top left under the employee name.
Change the last name on that page and then click Done on the bottom to save the change.
OTHER HELPFUL TIPS:
1) Make sure your employee has changed their name first with the Social Security Administration before you change it in QuickBooks Payroll. Otherwise, there is a good chance to get a mismatch from the SSA. In addition, your employee may not get their wages credited towards their SS balance.
2) Yes, you can easily change an employee’s name this way in QuickBooks but QBO will make the change all the way back to the beginning of their employment which is not good. In QBO Payroll, there is no option to make the change with an effective date only. Send them your feedback here.
Forgot User Id or Password for QuickBooks OnlineQuickBooks Help
From the article: Having problems signing into your QuickBooks account? Follow the directions below to get back into your account. We often find that the problem is with the user ID and not the password. Making sure you’re using the correct user ID is the first step! …
It would be nice to have a customizable dashboard homepage where actual users get to pick what they need to see and which navigation buttons they use the most to the homepage screen. At this point, it’s Intuit hard-wired homepage dashboard even on privacy mode. Many business owners saying when they’re sitting next to their customers and creating transactions, they’re not interested in sharing profit or loss, expenses, bank accounts, income, and sales chart.
What they like to see the most on the homepage screen:
1) To do list
2) One click favorite reports
3) One click invoicing
4) One click write check
5) Tasks reminder (this used to be on old homepage, gone now)
6) Recent activities (this used to be on old homepage, gone now)
7) Create your own design enhancement features.
8) Completely wipe out current graphs and bank accounts.
9) Block marketing tips
10) Sign out from the home page
To get “Sign into QuickBooks Online” screen open:
From the QuickBooks Enterprise Solutions screen > Press Ctrl+1 to open the Product Information window > Once opened, press Ctrl+b+q > Click OK to close the Product information window.
Look for this screen to open:
This QuickBooks article is helpful for:
1) If you have QuickBooks desktop QBD company file saved on computer hard drive or on external hard drive storage and you need to export that file to QuickBooks Online QBO. This means you have backup company file but no actual QuickBooks desktop program.
2) If you want to cancel QuickBooks Online QBO subscription, and need to export the company file to QuickBooks desktop QBD. This is a way to have a backup company file.
Our Quickbooks Data Conversion Services
We can also help export or import into QuickBooks Online QBO.
If you want to move to QuickBooks (QBO and QBD), but not sure how to move your data, please call our consulting service at 858-798-5058 or email us at email@example.com .
IMPORTANT: These links are only trials, so please don’t try to register these products because it won’t validate and you’ll be locked out.
If you need a QuickBooks Desktop trial to export or import into QuickBooks Online, you can download it here.
If you try to restore a file with a different region’s QuickBooks, it will not work.
Please ensure you are on the latest release of any version downloaded to ensure a smooth migration.
Already a Desktop customer and need to troubleshoot an issue? http://support.intuit.ca/quickbooks/en-ca/iq/Update-QuickBooks/Update-QuickBooks-Desktop/HOW15427.html
QuickBooks Pro/Premier 2016 – 30-day trial
These are trial versions and will not validate if you try to register them.